- Willis Towers Watson
- $115,530.00 -170,900.00/year*
21 Warren St
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts, and implements short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) and software needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems, and applications infrastructure. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs, and implements software solutions. Responsibilities are within the IT Development Function as a generalist or in a combination of families. Includes UX and graphic design, development operations and programming.
* Work as a Risk & Analytics team member to ingrain technology expertise into a full solution delivery by integrating actuarial algorithms written in matlab or R into .Net solution
* Developing in an analytics based Agile methodology delivering for multi-platform - primarily mobile, tablet and desktop
* Develop actuarial and analytical skills to advance WTW's comparative advantage in the marketplace
* Collaborate with both Actuaries and Technical Architect to execute technical delivery.
* Provide clear direction, clarification and lean documentation.
* Work with corporate IT stakeholders so corporate infrastructure is fully engaged and utilized.
* Collaboratively engage Analytical Solution resources in an agile development process
* Bachelor of Science - Computer Science or variant; concentration in applied mathematics or statistics a strong plus
* Exhibit Analytical curiosity
* Taking UX designs and building them into HTML / Angular components / web pages
* Understanding and implementing mathematical algorithms
* Experience in moving data across various platforms
* Producing high-quality and elegant web applications and components from high-fidelity designs
* Working on multiple web applications across different projects
* Being involved with the full Agile development process and lean thinking
* HTML 5, Bootstrap v 4.0, CSS v3, SCSS, SQL
* Angular 2 / 4 / 5, TypeScript
* C#, .Net Framework, WebAPI (.Net Core Desirable)
* Financial Literacy, with Insurance experience a plus
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work to deadlines, manage priorities and take responsibility, exhibiting pride in ownership
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, back end, c++, devops, perl, sdet, software development engineer, software engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...