- Related Companies
- $192,290.00 -192,290.00/year*
21 Warren St
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of over 3,800 professionals. With over $50 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood development on Manhattan's West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine's list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Related also has significant experience investing in operating businesses of the including its acquisitions of both Equinox and SoulCycle.
Related Companies, a privately-owned real estate owner, operator and developer, is looking to hire a Vice President of Construction Risk Management who will, under the direction of the Chief Risk Officer, plan, develop and administer the risk management programs for the company's real estate development projects across the United States, and provide oversight and consultation to select international projects. The position requires collaboration with various business units, brokers and underwriters, and claim personnel to identify exposures to loss and develop state-of-the art risk management techniques to eliminate or minimize the impact of such loss on the company's assets and operations.
* Develop, implement and manage comprehensive and competitive insurance programs for the firm's development/construction operations, including controlled insurance programs (CIPs), including the negotiation of policy terms and conditions.
* Research, evaluate and make recommendations regarding current and state-of-the-art trends in risk management, safety and loss control strategies.
* Develop risk management budgets, forecasts, financial reports, premium allocations, premium audits and retro calculations.
* Coordinate with the Vice President, Claims Management on claim coverage issues; participate in claim review meetings and analysis of claim reserves.
* Provide consultation and technical advice on insurance and risk management issues to business units; laisse with internal and external stakeholders, including partners, lenders and project field staff.
* Review proposed projects, identifying and analyzing significant risk management and insurance issues, making appropriate recommendations.
* Maintain strong relationships with and manage services provided by insurers, brokers, program administrators and other service providers necessary to the management of the risk management programs.
* Provide technical guidance to the Risk Management Contract Counsel relative on standards for insurance and indemnification wording; review contracts and other legal documents to evaluate risk related provisions, assuring competitiveness and compliance with insurance and risk management policies.
* Assist with internal communication and strategies related to program recommendations and risk management initiatives.
* Develop detailed policy summaries for dissemination to lenders, tenants, and other third parties.
* Develop standard processes and procedures for risk management functions.
* Develop and implement relevant risk management policies, training and communication to ensure the efficient operation of individual operating units.
* Participate in the development and execution of the firm's business continuity and catastrophe response strategies
* Supervise risk management staff, as may be required.
* Other construction risk management duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 10 years in the commercial insurance industry with experience in the handling of complex real estate and construction clients.
* Broad knowledge and experience in insurance and construction risk management.
* Detailed knowledge of complex construction and real estate development and real estate operations in order to develop programs that meets the firm's requirements.
* Ability to analyze complex problems involving varying viewpoints and to develop viable solutions. Demonstrated ability to analyze claims and work with counsel to resolve coverage issues.
* Strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
* Superior interpersonal skills:- Ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy.- A demonstrated ability to interact with senior executives.- Naturally adaptive to different audiences.- Diplomatically assertive.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism. Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; always seeking new approaches and challenging the organization to new levels of success.
Associated topics: ad, advertise, analyst, chief marketing officer, festival, fundraise, government, newspaper, policies, principle gift
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...