* Help maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices. * Assess need for any security re-configurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required. * Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues. * Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
* Assist with the monitoring of all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software. * Manage and ensure the security of databases and data transferred both internally and externally. * Assist or oversee penetration testing of all systems in order to identify system vulnerabilities. * Design, implement, and report on security system and end user activity audits. * Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution. * Recommend, schedule (where appropriate), and apply fixes, security patches, any other measures required in the event of a security breach. * Download and test new security software and/or technologies. * Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team. * Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. * Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required. * Process Access Request tickets based on departmental and firm polices.
* College degree in the field of computer science or related discipline. * 2-4 years of working in an Information Security department. * Working knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices. * In-depth technical knowledge of network, and platform operating systems. * Working technical knowledge of AWS. * Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols. * Working knowledge of Python. * Intuition and keen instincts to pre-empt attacks. * High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities. * Working knowledge of ISO 27001 Framework
Working knowledge of:
* Vulnerability management tools. * Data Loss Prevention. * Cloud monitoring tools * Antivirus management tools. * SIEM technologies. * Application Program Interfaces.
Benefits and Perks
* Work in our brand new offices at 55 Hudson Yards on the west side of Manhattan * Free snacks and coffee as well as occasional lunches and after-work drinks * Casual dress-code * Healthcare options * 401(k) match * Training and tuition assistance * Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships and similar, and access to on-site healthcare (starting in Q2 2019)
MarketAxess operates a leading trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,500 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist Customers with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other Customers. Through its Trax? division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Amsterda,S?o Paulo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. MarketAxess is an independent, publicly traded company (NASDAQ:MKTX Click Here).
There is a lot more to learn about us and working at our company! Please read more about us at www.marketaxess.com.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
Associated topics: identity, identity access management, iam, idm, information assurance, information technology security, protect, security officer, violation, vulnerability
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.