- $192,290.00 -192,290.00/year*
21 Warren St
The Partner, Insights Director will serve as a leader within the Consumer Insights group on research related issues and challenges and will support various client teams by uncovering strategically relevant insights into the increasingly complex relationship between consumers, brands, and communications.
In this role you will be responsible for assessing client business issues and developing appropriate research plans utilizing MediaCom's proprietary tools, both quantitative and qualitative. You will leverage research findings into strategic insights to aid in the planning of communications campaigns.
You will assist the Senior Partner, Head of Consumer Insights in managing and overseeing a team of consumer insight specialists.
* Proactively develop the processes, tools, and methodologies to provide communications planning teams with insight into consumer needs, segmentation, trends/behavior, marketing reactions, and competitive activity needed to support strategic decision-making
* Design, implement, and analyze custom primary research; evaluate and negotiate secondary information
* Translate research into business requirements which provide key insight and counsel
* Direct qualitative and quantitative consumer research activities to help identify consumer insights to guide the media process and the relationship with communication channels
* Oversee the design and implementation of research studies to provide a thorough understanding of changing consumer and industry trends
* Uncover consumer needs, trends and behaviors that impact media receptivity
* Collaborate between key strategic resources staff and services and agency Practice Leads and Account Directors
* Design and execute creative research projects (qualitative and quantitate)
* Gatekeeper of all research tools and best practice protocols
* Manage Consumer Insights team resources
* Other responsibilities as assigned
YOUR PEOPLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in the recruitment and selection of junior staff
* Must have the ability and desire to help lead, and a willingness to work with and teach others within the group
* Inspire while leading by example in developing, motivating, mentoring and coaching team members
* Ensure all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
* Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
* Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
* Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the immediate team
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Adept at all types of survey research including segmentation, concept testing, awareness and usage surveys, and many others
* Demonstrated understanding of consumer/societal trends and an ability to link those trends to total communications planning
* Solid quantitative, qualitative, and observational research design and analysis skills
* Able to utilize a creative approach to interviewing/probing into lifestyles, values, and attitudes of consumers
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Experienced in working with media and syndicated tools (i.e., Nielsen products, MRI, Simmons, and similar syndicated tools)
* Bachelor's Degree preferred, MBA a plus
* 8+ years of experience designing and implementing consumer research to address a variety of business objectives
* A background in consumer-packaged goods and/or pharmaceuticals is preferred, not required
* Consumer marketing, research, account planning and/or strategic planning on the agency side of the business, or with a corporate or consulting firm preferred
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. By applying our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity we design communication strategies that grow brands and generate sales. As part of WPP and GroupM, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. Our success is underpinned by our belief \"People First, Better Results\" that if we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for our teams but for our clients. MediaCom's global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony. In 2018, MediaCom became the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100.
Take A Virtual Office Tour:
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.?We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
Associated topics: care, cmo, donor, endowment, market, presale, public, relation, relationship, solicitation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...